Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week Nine: Tutorial Reflection

I had a chat to DaVor today about my ideas for the community building so far and he was concerned with the amount of programs that I wanted to include within my building. He was also concerned about the large open space that I wanted to use as a multi-functional space including sports centre, convention, exhibition and lecture space. He wondered whether this may not get used as much as I thought - and after thinking about it, I agree with him. A sports centre that size requires the gathering of a whole team to use it and this may only occur once a day or so. Conventions, exhibitions and lectures are the same - so if I were to use it for these functions, this space may go wasted for most of the day. For such a large space it does not seem practical.

Anyway, I have chosen to re-evaluate the functions of the building and appraise which ones seems most relevant to the site and my future scenario, as well as function together to create a successful building for the site in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment